Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Introductions etc.

So here I am, finally, finally starting this blog.

I just finished giving my III Major MBBS exams, and have been dreaming about this blog for months now (while staring at the textbooks, of course). When you spend half your day thinking about how whatever happened in the other half of the day would make a great blog post, you know you gotta start that blog.

Why Gentian Violet? Well, it's a flower (a gorgeous one at that), a very interesting colour, a dye, a drug, an important part of standard medical education....and it's uncommon enough to give me a good URL. I love how it sounds, too.

What's this blog going to be about? We'll see. I'm just going to let the blog decide. I suspect it will cover a lot of photography, medicine, and song lyrics. Right now, it's going to include about everything under my sun, apart from poetry, for which I run another dedicated blog, Revelations .

So welcome to this blog, and to my journey into the medical world. I'm hoping it's not too much of a roller coaster ride.

1 comment:

  1. hi aayushi... i read ur another blog....
    u r good at poetry...
    loved them all...
    n u hav gr8 creativity....
    hope to c more from u...

    i'm dr piyush...
    finished mbbs last yr preparing 4 pg now...
    hav a blog of mine too
    if u like try it u might like it...

    www.piyush2222.blogspot.com
    goodluck

    ReplyDelete