Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The end of my crush on Ranbir Kapoor

This trailer. This trailer!



Frankly, the trailer evoked nightmares! Ranbir has acted so well, he resembles every roadside tapori to perfection. Just imagining an entire nation of young, influential minds, watching this trailer and this movie, and then aping Ranbir and learning tricks they didn't know already, is enough to give me the chills. To top it off, he looks utterly boring in all the scenes. The *wondrous* dance steps, and the closing scene just seal the deal. Finally, Ranbir has done it. He's acted so well, I have started to dislike him. Somehow my mind just went "ewww.." after watching this trailer. 

I still remember the very first time we saw Ranbir Kapoor. The first trailer of Saawariya to come on TV, and there he was, looking like that! (For reference watch the video below). I remember watching the trailer countless times on TV, and of course everyone either loved him immensely or hated him. The girls who hated him thought he looked too feminine, but mostly everyone loved him.  




After that, I enjoyed most of his movies, Raajneeti remains a top favourite, though it was in Rockstar that he truly stole my heart in the intense role of Jordan. That was followed up with Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, another movie which I thoroughly enjoyed. (Now why wouldn't I enjoy a movie about a frustrated medical student running away from home? :D)

And now, he goes and does this! Makes a movie like Besharam! I now officially declare that I do not like Ranbir Kapoor anymore! I may admire him at times, but that is all. Now when people ask me "Who is your favourite hero?" (Yes, people do ask such questions all the time), I won't have an answer. And thank goodness for that, right? ;) 


6 comments:

  1. 1) He is utterly feminine
    2) Indeed, Thank God for that. People shouldnt have favorite actors, just like they shouldnt have favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey now that you dont like him so much you might find this link funny..

    http://mumbaiboss.com/2013/06/04/the-vigil-idiot-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny but I still maintain that the movie was much better than Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and I laughed a lot in the first half. Second half was okay, but still one of the better movies I've seen.

      Delete
  4. I personally loved him in Saawariya, Wake up Sid and Rockstar... he especially shone in the last one. Because that was a huge transformation from the young innocent guy at the start to the tortured soul by the end. I dont see any of the Khans doing that role well, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Khans have just grown old and seem to be filled with Botox now! Also they are too stereotyped in their trademark roles. Ranbir remains one fo the most versatile and talented AND lead actors we have!

      Delete